Bob began his career as an astrophysicist, developing computer models of physical processes near supermassive black holes. His research expanded to include artificial neural networks. He co-authored the book, Artificial Neural Networks: Forecasting Time Series, which led to a 12-year career co-managing a quantitative futures trading fund. In 2006, Bob transitioned into healthcare as a medical device product manager. Bob received his BA in physics at UC Berkeley and his PhD in physics at Harvard.
• Expert in Residence for AI at UCSF Smarter Health
• Advisory Board Member at Institute for Applied Computational Science, Harvard University
• Former Chief Data Scientist at Intel
Richard is a Professor and the current Head of Department in the Department of Statistical Science at University College London, where he has worked since completing his PhD at UMIST in 1994. His expertise includes time series analysis, space-time data and uncertainty analysis, in particular the combination of evidence from multiple sources and with application areas including climate, hydrology, ecology and seismology. He has advised policymakers on risk and uncertainty, in applications such as nuclear safety assessment and volcanic ash risks to aviation.
• Professor of Statistics at University College London
• Joint Editor for the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C (Applied Statistics)
• Committee Member at the International Meeting series on Statistical Climatology, the Bernoulli Society’s on Probability and Statistics in the Physical Sciences and the surfacetemperatures.org project
Anthony joined Walmart Labs in 2012 after working at Yahoo! and earned his MS in Computer Science from UC San Diego. Anthony Tang leads the Optimization and Testing team responsible for building and maintaining EXPO, the experimentation and optimization platform for Walmart, as well as Test Armada, a functional and performance test automation framework. His team works closely with product analytics and product management to enable and promote A/B testing across the Walmart websites and mobile apps.
• Director of Engineering at Walmart Labs
• Former Principal Software Engineer at Yahoo!
• Former Senior Software Engineer at Kinzan